Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bird Lice and Fish Hooks

Well, word is out that this blog exists. I'm sure there was much disappointment in the fact that there was only one lowly post. Blogging I have come to find is much like journal writing. You start with great ambition and then when you slack off and don't write for months at a time it is hard to start back up again because you know how much stuff has been missed. Do you just start fresh and forget about the months that were not journaled or do you do a marathon journal entry trying to remember all the details that have been neglected. This is why I should not have started a blog, I am a terrible journal keeper!

That aside- I will go on to explain the title of this post (I know the suspense is killing you.) I had a nice little break from work in Portland and had a chance to spend a week in SLC and some time at home in Flag (Flagstaff, AZ for those of you not up on AZ city lingo.)


The trip to Salt Lake was great!! Even if I did work 3 shifts at Primary's. However, here's where the title comes in, I got to experience what I like to call "random acts of Kaydi's life." For some unknown reason, things happen in my life that I swear do not happen to other people. I can not say why this is, it just is. Perhaps I will go into some of these events in another post. Random act this trip would be the fact that I got fishhooked, yes, fishhooked while floating the Provo River. Not by a fisherman with a nice, clean hook but by a rusty, disgusting, fishgut infested old fishhook. It's been more than a week now and behind my knee has healed up nicely with no sign of infection, this is a reminder to all to get a current tetanus shot!


The second part of my vacation led me to Flagstaff, after a quick stop in Portland to pick up Zoe. I mean really, who doesn't love to fly with dogs? The trip was going quite well and Zoe although not a fan of Chloe (my parent's lhasa apso) seemed to enjoy getting into everything. Everything, including a pile of bird droppings that just happened to be infested with none other than bird lice. Yep, bird lice. I did not know that birds had their own lice, now I do. Thankfully, bird lice can not live on humans or dogs (or as the vet put it, "shouldn't be able to.") However those reassuring words did not keep me from itching for nearly the rest of my trip. Zoe didn't seem to notice.
And this is how life goes, randomly and not as expected but at least it's something to blog about!

6 comments:

Renee said...

oh...poor little zo zo. She doesn't seem to be bothered by most things that happen to her. So, I'm going to suggest to keep itching. You never know...

Randa said...

Kaydi you make me laugh!! We definitely needed to talk longer on the phone. Next time, no therapy for me. It will be all about you. :o) But seriously, Thanks for the advice.
Have a wonderful day!!

Lohra said...

...we float the Provo on the same day and you fail to tell me about the fish hook...really...are we even friends?

Random things DO happen to you. haha.

SHELLS BELLS! said...

So enjoy hearing about the random things that happen to you.

Brittney said...

How I miss you! But now I won't miss hearing about your adventures! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog. I feel loved.

Jen-ben said...

Kaydi! You aren't in Ut. anymore?? It was fun to see your beauty-full face!! You look fantastic as always.