Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Apparently we'll be taking a ferry...


Scott and I have been wanting to get up to Victoria BC for awhile now so last weekend we headed on up. We pit stopped in Seattle Friday and had a good time (minus trying to park downtown) hanging out in the city. We left Seattle early Saturday to get to Port Angeles and take the ferry over. Being slightly unprepared we were relying heavily on the directions on the Scott's iPhone. I was the navigator and Scott driving. The directions seemed pretty simple, take the 90 to the 104 and then to the 101. We kept seeing signs for the Kingston ferry along the same route we were on. Scott asked if we were going to have to take said ferry. I didn't think so, it looked like the 101 went from Edmond to Kingston, when Scott asked to look at the phone he enlightened me that white dots on a map over a body of water indicates a ferry. Oh. Apparently we were taking a ferry. And we had to wait two hours to get onto it. ugh. It slightly delayed us but by some small miracle we made the 1245 ferry to BC even though we didn't walk onto the ferry until 1. phew.

Here we are at Pike's Market in Seattle

This is the Victoria Harbor

Scott made a friend on the ferry

The Sunken Garden at Butchart Gardens.

Scott rode a horse.

I made friend's with a gardener
Taking pictures while driving at 70 mph is undoubtedly a wise choice.



11 comments:

Jami said...

OHHHH...I am so JEALOUS!! I went to Seattle and then up to Victoria on a 6 day orchestra trip in high school, and I have excellent memories from that trip. I adore the Butchart Gardens, and the photo opportunities there are incredible. Looks like you had a good time!

The Wiseman Life said...

Looks like you little Paxman's had a great time! How fun. Kris and I have that same pick at the marketplace! lol
I really miss you. Hope you can come out....we can run the wild and crazy provo river!

The Wiseman Life said...

p.s. yes I think you are right about my little baby scape. For some crazy reason I really thought I got her in high school. Kris was laughing so hard at your comment....thanks for straightening out my bad memory....so were we in high school when we went to Florida? lol

A STAR is born said...

Hey! Should I live in BC? I've thought about it.

Caleb and Jenni said...

Kaydi, this is Jenni Seaman again. I have your phone number but I was wondering if you have an email address...I am seriously considering travel nursing and I wanted to know which company you went through, maybe get your recruiters info, get your advice and opinion, etc. What is the best way to do that? My email is jseaman44@gmail.com Thanks!

Caleb and Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrystal said...

Men and their gadets, i don't get them either. You two always look so happy together! Hey, my mom got your email-she had no idea the two of you used to push the car out of the driveway to sneak out. Hilarious!!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

How fun! That area is so pretty. I wish I could go back. You look like such a happy newlywed. :)

Bethany and Cameron said...

Kaydi you guys are just so cute! Looks like you're enjoying the married life!! You both look great!

Maestra Smart said...

So you are 30 minutes away and you don't even know!!! Kaydi, this is Amy Smart (Skinner) I live in Issaquah, WA now so you were not too far from me. We will have to get together weekend either down there or we would love to have you up here. You look extremely happy as you should be!!! Best Wishes!!!

The Burtons said...

That looks so beautiful. My little missionary I had back in college was from Seattle so I visited there quite frequently. (What a waste!) Anyway, it looks like you had a fun trip. You and Scott took some pretty funny pictures!